KelatoGEN is an astringent and antiseptic treatment for new or pre-existing wounds. KelatoGEN is very effective in treating cuts and wounds with miraculous speed while preventing infection and promoting hair growth. Wire cuts, scrapes, punctures, cracked heels, saddle sores, rain rot lesions and bites heal quickly and more effectively with a reduced chance of scarring.
- Supports a healthy wound bed, which accelerates healing.
- Specially balanced so that it does not harm the surrounding healthy tissue.
- Prevents excessive granulation tissue (proud flesh), to minimise scarring.
- Available as an ointment or concentrate.
- Suitable for dogs, cats and horses.
When do they need it?
KelatoGEN Ointment & Concentrate can be used to treat all cases of superficial skin injuries, including proud flesh. It is also useful for:
- Skin Ulcers
- Furunculosis (boils)
- Otitis externa (inflammation of the ear canal)
- Hoof treatments
- Navel infections
KelatoGEN Concentrate can be diluted with water to:
- Flush out wounds.
- Spray ‘hard to access’ wounds or after surgery.
- Treat acute and chronic endometritis (infection of uterus).
- Retain uterine tone during the puerperal (postpartum) period (its coagulating properties assists in eliminating retained foetal membranes).
How KelatoGEN Works
Antibacterial & fungicidal activity
- KelatoGEN exerts antibacterial and fungicidal activity by virtue of its high acidity and phenolic character.
- This, coupled with the activity of the condensed formaldehyde, makes a powerful antiseptic preparation.
- Bleeding is controlled by the haemostatic action of KelatoGEN on the small capillaries leading to the wound area. (KelatoGEN causes vasoconstriction when applied to small blood vessels, thus reducing bleeding from the capillaries in the wounds.)
- Healing is promoted by the product’s astringent action, which gently cauterises the open blood vessels and promotes growth of new tissue.
Each mL of KelatoGEN Concentrate contains 360mg of the condensation products of meta-cresol monosulphonic acids and formaldehyde.
Each gram of KelatoGEN Ointment contains 18mg of the condensation products of meta-cresol monosulphonic acids and formaldehyde.
Directions for Use
- Apply directly to wounds twice daily until bleeding stops, then once daily until healing is complete.
- KelatoGEN Ointment is mildly acidic with an approximate pH of 3.
- Dilute the concentrate and paint or spray the wound once daily until bleeding stops and wound commences healing.
- Continue applying a 4% dilution or apply the ointment until the wound completely heals.
- The pH of KelatoGEN Concentrate is 0.6 and a 4-5% dilution of KelatoGEN Concentrate in water has a pH of approximately 1.5.
KelatoGEN Concentrate dilution rates:
- 20% = 20mL of KelatoGEN Concentrate made up to 100mL with water.
- 4% = 4mL of KelatoGEN Concentrate made up to 100mL with water.
- 2% = 2mL of KelatoGEN Concentrate made up to 100mL with water.
- 1% = 1mL of KelatoGEN Concentrate made up to 100mL with water.