A lysine and refined rice bran embryo extract supplement that aids in the development of lean muscle, topline and improves coat condition.
What is ZanoBOLIC?
ZanoBOLIC concentrate is a lysine and refined rice bran embryo extract (gamma oryzanol) supplement that aids in the development of lean muscle, topline and improves coat condition.
How does it work?
Gamma oryzanol is a crystalline powder separated and extracted from rice bran oil and rice embryo oil. The gamma oryzanol molecule has a similar molecular structure to a testosterone molecule, thus giving it anabolic properties. Gamma oryzanol contains two molecules – sterol and ferulic acid. Ferulic acid is a compound that possesses very strong antioxidant properties, while sterols have many biological functions – throughout nature they are the starting point for the creation and synthesis of hormones, which are pivotal to cell, muscle and body function.
Gamma oryzanol has a two-fold effect on high performance athletes:
- Anabolism – Gamma oryzanol has a stimulant effect on growth, lean muscle mass and strength. It has an effect on the body’s endocrine (hormonal) system resulting in increased metabolism of fat and increased synthesis of protein. In horses, the effects of gamma oryzanol supplementation can be seen as an improved muscle to fat ratio (greater muscle definition over the withers, shoulders and hind quarters).
- Antioxidant – During high intensity exercise, free radicals are released into the muscles and damage cell membranes. Antioxidants, such as the ferulic acid in gamma oryzanol, help to protect the membranes from the deleterious effects of free radicals.
Yearlings: Increase muscle mass and definition + topline + improved and darkened coat
= Top dollar in sale ring
Performance horses: Well developed muscle + topline + increased appetite
= Stamina, strength and winning edge
Show Horses: Topline + well defined muscles + coat condition
= Showstopper appearance
Racehorses in training: Increase appetite + increase muscle mass and strength
= Speed, stamina and race wins
Features & Benefits
- Concentrated – only have to feed 10 – 30g per day! (No wastage)
- Builds topline.
- Improves muscle mass and definition.
- Increases muscle strength and endurance.
- Improves performance.
- Highly palatable apple flavour / easy to feed.
- Stimulates and maintains the appetite.
- Coat enhancer / produces a winning appearance.
- Refined rice bran embryo extract (gamma oryzanol)
- Apple flavouring
Directions for use
Horses in work
- Light work/pre-training: 10g per day
- Heavy training/racing/competition: 30g per day
Begin 10 weeks prior to sale:
- Week 1: 20g per day (loading dose)
- Weeks 2 to 5: 10g per day
- Weeks 6 to 7: 20g per day
- Weeks 8 to 10: 30g per day
*NB – *Feeding directions are for a 500kg horse.